ME time is the time to focus on yourself and do what makes you happy. Everyone needs to take the time to be alone with yourself and focus on only YOUR needs. There is more value in “ME time” then we realize. It’s vital to your mental and physical health to prioritize yourself. We all need to give ourselves a break and take time out to relax.
Allow yourself to take a few hours a week to decompress, breathe, watch cooking shows or just meditate, you will realize how just a small amount of uninterrupted personal time can be the ultimate reset button.
Respite is the key to your own well-being, strengthens family relationships, prevents burn-out AND allows your loved one to stay at home 3x longer- NO WONDER RESPITE IS ONE OF THE MOST FREQUENTLY REQUESTED SUPPORT SERVICE FOR FAMILY CAREGIVERS.
Making the most of your “ME time” off
- Do something you enjoy – Have coffee with friend, head out doors, see a movie, get your hair done, Go treasure hunting and hit those thrift stores/yard sales, play a game of golf or tennis.
- Get to know yourself – enjoy “painting with a twist “class , take a walk with your camera and capture that sunset. Take an on-line class….or just be crafty and create something for others.
- Relax – Get more “shut eye” …get a hammock and enjoy an uninterrupted siesta in the backyard.
- Stay healthy – Make that doctor’s appointment.
According to caregiver.org family care giver(s) who do not take time for their selves report: https://www.caregiver.org/taking-care-you-self-care-family-caregivers
- sleep deprivation
- poor eating habits
- failure to exercise
- failure to stay in bed when ill
- postponement of or failure to make medical appointments for themselves
Help can come from community resources, family, friends and professionals. Ask them. Don’t wait until you are overwhelmed and exhausted or your health fails. Reaching out for help when you need it is a sign of personal strength. When your needs are taken care of, the person that you care for will benefit.
Granny NANNIES was established in 1990 to provide seniors with in-home care. Operating under the founding premise that reliable and affordable senior home care should be available to everyone; professional care providers offer personalized services to meet the requirements of any individual, regardless of age or need, in their home. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we refer quality and trustworthy in-home care for you and your loved ones. For more information on how we can help you, call 800-316-2669 or visit our website at: GrannyNANNIES.com