The best tried and true way to prevent germs and viruses from getting you sick is to clean your hands with soap and water and or an alcohol-based hand rub properly – after all these years, it is still the best prevention.
With the threat of COVID-19 virus now, here are some everyday common-sense precautions you should follow from the CDC (Center for Disease control).
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, or your inner elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands.
- Stay home from work or school if you are ill.
- Stay away from people who have signs of a respiratory tract infection, such as runny nose, coughing, and sneezing.
Some other preventative measures may include:
- Clean and disinfect surfaces: self check-out screens, self-order menu screens, toilet handles, elevator buttons, doorknobs, and railings.
- Avoid crowded places – keep a distance from people who are coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home and stay hydrated with chicken soup.
Granny NANNIES is a licensed nursing agency that specializes in providing tailored custodial and daily living care for seniors and individuals with special needs, no matter the physical limitations. Licensed since 1990, Granny NANNIES caregivers are certified nurse assistants and home health aides (CNA/HHA) who undergo reference checks, physicals, criminal background checks, and mandatory in-service training. For more information visit our website at www.grannynannies.com or call toll free 1-800-316-2669.